Business IT security is important to all companies and should be carefully planned and regularly reviewed.
We’ve put together our top 10 security tips. These are universal strategies that should be applied to any company that uses and depends on IT.
1. ENCRYPT DATA ON LAPTOPS AND PORTABLE DEVICES. Don’t make it easy for thieves to access and steal important business data
2. KEEP OUT INTERNET INTRUSIONS WITH A FIREWALL. Secure your IT infra-structure with software and hardware firewalls to keep hackers and viruses out
3. TRAIN STAFF. Policies, procedures and training are just as important to a business as security software
4. BACK UP. Ensure all critical files and data are backed up daily. Take regular Disaster Recovery backups of servers and important computers to ensure quick and easy restores
5. PLAN, DON’T REACT. Write an IT security plan and make sure it is implemented within your organisation
6. STRENGTHEN PHYSICAL SECURITY. Computers are more likely to be physically stolen than get hacked
7. GET GOOD ADVICE. Find trustworthy and accredited IT consultant to help with your IT security procedures
8. CONTROL ACCESS. Data theft is more common than outsiders hacking into a business network
9. PROTECT. Ensure that every computer on your network is audited and monitored and has an antivirus and anti-spyware solution installed
10. STAY UP TO DATE. Make sure all the latest security updates and patches for any software you use are installed and up to date
For more information regarding these tips, or to find out how your business can start taking steps to improve its IT security, contact Fentons Business IT Services. We’d be delighted to hear from you.